Things to Do in Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Sheraton Chapel Hill Hotel is ideally located within the Triangle of North Carolina, anchored by three distinctive universities ⎯ Duke University in Durham, North Carolina State University (NC State) in Raleigh, and the University of North Carolina (UNC) in Chapel Hill.
Disembark at Raleigh-Durham International Airport and enjoy seamless access to our hotel, which is perfectly positioned to experience the many things to do in Chapel Hill and beyond. Easily visit the array of corporations located in nearby Research Triangle Park, experience top shopping at The Streets at Southpoint or tour the heralded campuses of UNC Chapel Hill and Duke University. Whether you're visiting for a quick weekend getaway or an extended-stay business trip, our hotel is an enlightened choice for enjoying the many things to do in the area.
Universities in the Area
Conveniently situated for prospective students, returning alumni, avid Tar Heels fans and visiting family and friends, Sheraton Chapel Hill Hotel the leading choice among accommodation near UNC Chapel Hill. Explore the nation's oldest public university, founded in 1793, then retreat to our thoughtfully appointed hotel.
Enjoy easy access to the variety of things to do on and near the campus of Duke University during your stay at Sheraton Chapel Hill Hotel. We are located just eight miles away from the West Campus, which houses the Blue Devils’ basketball and football facilities and the historic Duke Chapel. Benefit from our ideal location moments from Duke University to catch a Blue Devils basketball game or visit a current Cameron Crazy.
Sheraton Chapel Hill Hotel is situated near several shopping options in Chapel Hill, Carrboro and Durham. Whether you're looking for a one-of-a-kind item or a serious bargain, there are plenty of retail opportunities nearby.
- The Streets at Southpoint (11.3km/7 miles)
- Tanger Outlets (34.9km/21.7 miles)
- University Mall (3.7km/2.3 miles)
- Carr Mall Mill (8km/5 miles)
- Northgate Mall (15.3km/9.5 miles)
- Brightleaf Square (13km/8.1 miles)
- Franklin Street (4.8 km/3.0 miles)
Hitting the links is one of the most popular things to do in the Chapel Hill area, and our hotel is close to an abundance of beautiful golf courses.
- Finley Golf Course (4.8km/3.0 miles)
- Duke University Golf Club (10.3km/6.4 miles)
- Falls Village Golf (24.3km/15.1 miles)
- The Crossings (28.6km/17.8 miles)
- Treyburn Country Club (30.9km/19.2 miles)
- The Preserve at Jordan Lake (31km/19.3 miles)
- Wildwood Green (37.6km/23.4 miles)
Arts & Culture
Chapel Hill is known for its beautiful flora and fauna. Soak up the picturesque surroundings at some of the local gardens near Sheraton Chapel Hill Hotel.
- Morehead Planetarium and Sundial Garden (3.2 km/2.0 miles)
- North Carolina Botanical Gardens (4.8 km/3.0 miles)
- Sarah P. Duke Gardens (11.3 km/7.0 miles)
Spend a weekend afternoon exploring interesting museums and cultural destinations near Sheraton Chapel Hill Hotel.
- Ackland Art Museum (4.8 km/3.0 miles)
- North Carolina Museum of Science (40.2 km/25.0 miles)
- Kidzu Children's Museum (3.9 miles)
Hillsborough Historic District
The downtown historic district of Hillsborough features more than 100 homes, churches, schools, and other structures from the 18th and 19th centuries.
Exploring Franklin Street is an essential thing to do during a visit to Chapel Hill. Located just steps away from UNC's north campus and known as the epicenter of Chapel Hill, Franklin Street is home to many iconic restaurants, bars, and shops, and is the place to be during college basketball season.